Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

I need the perkins torque spec for - Head bolts, Rod caps,

Customer Question

I need the perkins torque spec for - Head bolts, Rod caps, Valve clearance gap, water pump bolt torque spec, We are putting the head back on - The rod to piston bearing is being replaced. The motor number is XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN JCB serial number is XXXXX 4079/349597/7 It is a 4 cylinder diesel perkins. the backhoe is a 1400B
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.

curtis b :

Valve lash is .008 intake and .018 on exhaust. The engine is the 1004-4t engine , which is the 4.0 liter (3.99)243cu.in. Here is sitehttp://www.aera.org/downloads/Torque3.pdf with torque specs. I can't locate specs for water pump bolts.