Andy, Technician
Experience:  310s and 310t technician licenses, 17 yrs experience, International Diamond Certified Tech 7 yrs
30303843

05 international 4300 with dt466 will not start codes are 113,

Customer Question

05 international 4300 with dt466 will not start codes are 113, 525, 534 checked fuses, relays, connections, fuses and holders at battery engine light still on will not start
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

Andy3221 :

Hi there! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I think I can help you resolve your problem!

Andy3221 :

525 is an IDM fault code !Let me check the others!

Andy3221 :

113 is a fault for when ecm power is low -You need to check the battery box ! There are fuses in there on top of the batteries for the IDM and ECM . These are inline fuse holders and you will probably find bad terminals in there causing power loss to the ECMand IDM .

Andy3221 :

534 is a fault for low IDM volts ! Again related to those fuses in battery box

Andy3221 :

If you find all is good in battery box , then follow those wires all the way up to the ecm and check the wiring carefully for rubout or corrosion anywhere . There is a connector by the starter that is bad for corrosion too . Have a good look at that wiring and I'm sure you'll find something

Andy3221 :

Please click on ACCEPT if my answer was satisfactory as this is how I get paid for my services! I'll still be around if you need more help ! Thanks for using JUST ANSWER and don't forget to tell your friends about us!

Andy3221 :

Also i would try swapping ecm and idm relays in power distribution box under the hood on the top of the left front fender.

Andy3221 :

There is also a square 12-pin connector to watch out for on the top left side at the rear of the engine in the doghouse area around the wiper motor . The connector has small pins and large pins and is known for causing loss of power to IDM

Andy3221 :

I have bad news for you unfortunately ! If all wiring was checked , relays are good , connectors are good then you will have to replace your IDM (injector driver module). I just read a little further on code 525 and it says :

Andy3221 :

DTC 525
IDM fault

• DTC 525 is set by the ECM when there is an internal IDM failure. When DTC 525 is set, replace the IDM.

• When DTC 525 is active the amber ENGINE lamp is illuminated.

Andy3221 :

Here is 534

Andy3221 :

DTC 534
IDM relay voltage low

• DTC 534 is set by the ECM when the voltage from the IDM main power relay is less than 7 V.

• DTC 534 can be set due to a poor connections between relay and batteries, poor connections between relay and IDM, a blown fuse, or a failed IDM main power relay, discharged batteries or increased resistance in the battery feed circuits.

• DTC 534 will not illuminate the amber ENGINE lamp.

Andy3221 :

and here is 113

Andy3221 :

DTC 113
Electrical system voltage B+ out of range low

• DTC 113 is set when the ECM detects less than 7.0 V at Pin X3-3 for more than 0.5 second.

• DTC 113 can be set by a inoperative alternator or ECM power relay, discharged batteries, or increased resistance in the battery feed circuits.

• If the condition causing DTC 113 is intermittent, the code will change from active to inactive status. DTC 113 will not illuminate the amber ENGINE lamp.

Andy3221 :

Sorry about the bad news but it is 525 that is causing your warning lamp and it clearly says to replace the IDM . They are a fairly common failure .

Andy3221 :

Please click on ACCEPT as this is how I get paid for my time and services ! I'll be in and out if you still need me !

Andy3221 :

By the way , the new IDM has to be programmed by your dealer once it is installed !