Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts

610 Bobcat: loses..already replaced..the hydraulic pump..radiator

Customer Question

I have a M 610 Bobcat that loses performance after working with it for a short time. I have already replaced the hydraulic pump and the radiator. Does the engine need to be replaced?

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 years ago.
I believe this is the 4 cylinder Wisconsin gas engine. Have you checked compression on the engine? It should be in the 100-120 psi. range. If you have low compression, you might want to check the valve adjustment on the engine. These engines often get to running on two cylinders and don't have any power. They sound ok, but running on two cylinders just doesn't do it. Let me know. Thank you.