john
john, Technician
Experience:  40 years automotive repair experience & GM truck repair
6408229

GMC need a electrical diagram for a gmc 2005 C6500 DEISEL

Customer Question

need a electrical diagram for a gmc 2005 C6500 DEISEL I need a electrical wiring diagram for a 2005 GMC C6500 deisel....if helps here's.the(last 8 digits of vin#5F515622 )....Problem experiencing: I turn Ignition to start position, cluster has power,voltage and fuel guage does not,when crank no start and power to cluster shuts off,found shorted severed wires in engine compartment one leads to the (pcm) and other to fuse block under the hood,(fuse Stud A 30 Amp which found blown-replaced)it does crank when starter Relay bypassed but no start over, I believe the PCM is the problem,I need a diagram to continue.....could you please help me. location needed: (starting system)( pcm, pcm ID.) and if present (bcm,bcm ID.)(park neutral position switch and pin ID.),(cluster,cluster pin ID.)(fuse/relay box location w/ID)"doesnt appear to have a engine disable security system"
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to JA,

which engine .. 7.2 ,7.8 , or 8.1 ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
size engine is a 7.8,............. I appreciate your help.
Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.
You are very welcome. Would you please send the complete VIN#.
Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
here's the complete vin#1GDJ6C1C35F515622
Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.
OK, I do not find any open bulletins on this problem. The BCM & PCM # XXXXX XXXXX with scan tool & if there is any question on Part # XXXXX dealer will have that info. Looking at scan data one can see if there is a starter request signal or not.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh' I understand, But I also believe I have a power failure that goes to the PCM,before I have the PCM scan ,I would like to check all necessary power sources that plug into the PCM, the severed wire I discovered, could of caused wiring problems that our not visible, that is why I requested the wiring diagram ....if I didnt mention this to you, I apoligize, I will wait for your response........thank you very much
Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.

Ok,no problem, I have run across several ignition switches that "some" circuits where dead. Have you tested for voltage & ground on the PCM circuit ?

Here are more schematics to help you.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Edited by john on 2/1/2011 at 6:54 PM EST
Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.

Register Here

Register Here
Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.

Register Here

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes I did, but with out identifying these wires I could'nt really tell how many positive and negative sourceses are missing, I do get one ground and one positive and I know I should have more of these wires entering the PCM. listen John, this website is new to me ? I noticed every return reply has a glimpse of the wiring diagram, tell me? am I supposed to click on the accept button for each one and each one that I click am I charged ? if so please let me know, not really certain how this works and time is ticking, the owner of this vehicle is on my back! ....if unable to provide these diagrams please let me know today ....thank you John

Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.

This is the way GM separates the systems I have tried to send you PCM & cluster.

The way this works is JA already has your money. When you are satisfied that I have helped you ,click accept. I will continue to work with you after you accept.

I will look for other schematics that might help you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you........ John
Expert:  john replied 5 years ago.

Register Here

Register Here