DDG, Service Coordinator
Experience:  2 years Truck shop experience, 12 years of Bobcat Compact Equipment experience

S-250 skidsteer, fuel leak, looks to be leaking..bottom of tank

Customer Question

S-250 skidsteer, fuel leak, looks to be leaking from cylinder gasket, in bottom of tank. How do you remove the cylinder to replace gasket.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  DDG replied 5 years ago.

I am glad to help you, but I am not clear on this cylinder gasket you are referring to. Is it the fuel level sender gasket, or a fitting in the tank that is leaking? The engine must be removed, or at least lifted to make clearance to get the fuel tank out.Follow all Safety and Maintenance Procedures as illustrated in the Operation and Maintenance Manuals for your machine! Remember to click ACCEPT.

JACUSTOMER-cs8f7iy4- :

I had bobcat dealer mechanic fix the problem. I hoped to get a guicker reply, I sent Dec 31 and received Jan 5th late. The answer was to drain fuel tank, remove cylinder goumet with plyers, replace with new part, refuel. Since everything was closed over new years I wanted it repaired for my customer over the weekend.

Sorry about the wait. I do this in my spare time, not full time. I replied to your question as soon as I logged on and seen it.