DDG, Service Coordinator
Experience:  2 years Truck shop experience, 12 years of Bobcat Compact Equipment experience

Bobcat: light comes..the bucket controls lock..awhile

Customer Question

My 2005 s185 bobcat acs light comes on and the bucket controls lock up, this very speratic, I can shut the machine down and it will work for awhile then lock up. I bought this machine with little history. It has about 1400 hrs on it.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  al-mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator on the Just Answer website and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. I do not answer questions, rather I work with Customers and Experts to try to help questions get answered. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions may go un-answered.

I have re-listed the question and alerted Experts that you are needing a response. Should you not receive an answer and you made a deposit, the deposit is fully refundable by visiting the Just Answer Help Pages using the link at the bottom of the question page or by replying back on this thread.

Thanks for using Just Answer.
Expert:  DDG replied 5 years ago.

Are there any fault codes being displayed in the display, or any other flashing lights? Does the drive also lock up when the ACS quits working?

Follow all Safety and Maintenance Procedures as illustrated in the Operation and Maintenance Manuals for your machine! Remember to click ACCEPT.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is a code that comes up when I hold the light button in, I believe it is 32-49 it's says it's a ground fault. The drive does not stop. This machine has both hand and foot controls and when I have it in the foot control mode the machine works fine it only acts up when I have the hand controls on. This I just figured out yesterday. I did run the calibration for the hand control but didn't do anything to help.
Expert:  DDG replied 5 years ago.
Code 32-49 means that the controller is not getting feedback voltage from the lift actuator. It could be a faulty actuator, a bad connection at the actuator, or wires for the lift actuator could be either broken or shorted to ground. Inspect wires 4670, 4680, and 4690 that go from the ACS Lift Actuator to the ACS controller, or try disconnecting the lift and tilt actuators, switch the lift and tilt actuators with each other, then reconnect them to see if the code changes to 32-50 for the tilt. This would mean that the actuator that originally was on the lift section of the valve but now is on the tilt section, is faulty. The top actuator is for tilt, and the bottom is for lift.