Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

time: check engine light..rpm..them, the red flashing stop light comes

Customer Question

have 2011 dd15 cascadia: wants to do a regen all time: check engine light on, flashing regen light - when doing the manual regen, it only goes to 1100 rpm and shuts down after 10 to 15 min. After a few of them, the red flashing stop light comes on and just shuts engine off. there is an active fault EEC 061 SPN001037 31, was told by tech, that any active fault interrups regen cycle not letting it finish. has been taken to shop, they just do forced regen and say everything okay. then about 200-300 miles, same thing starts all over again, leading to red flashing light and truck shut off. what does that aactive fault control and mean, at shop they say it is too new of a code and do not know what it means. another hint is that it does not use any def fuel, just stays full. meaning to me, that when running down road, the regen is not working and that is why it wants me to do so many manual rengens. is there a manual way to make the regen kick into the heigh gear of 1400-1500 rpm and complete regen.? i have been told that the 1100 rpm range is just a first step to elevate temp so second pahase can kick in. is this correct? it has never done 1400-1500 rpm in a manual regen. i have heard that there is sotware to buy to be able to do a forced regen for $1200. where can i get it and how to perform it? t would be a lot cheaper for me to get that software, do a forced regen every day, instead of towing to shop every other day and all the lost down time in shop.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.i can help you with this..can you tell me the software level of your engine computer ? or mcm ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will try and check, it is a DD13 not a 15, it is in shop and they are replacing a throttle input valve? they are just guessing though, if this does not work they are going to replace entire SAM. Another guess. That is what I am doing this, to get an answer that is real. thanks.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 5 years ago.
ok,let me know what happens after they replace those parts..