Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

I am trying to find a drive belt for a t1400 hst mower I do

Customer Question

I am trying to find a drive belt for a t1400 hst mower I do not have serial # XXXXX the kubota dealers are no help. The old belt is completly worn out but does have a # XXXXX on it. the pulley on the transmisson is worn and I would like replace it to. The pulley is three and one quarter inches in dia. with three drive screws and one center screw. I am told by the Kubota dealers that there are two belts listed for this mower and they have to have a serial # XXXXX order.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.

curtis b :

Take a tape measure and make mark on the outside of the belt and measure the outside diameter of the belt . This will tell you how long the belt needs to be. The belt that the unit shows in my book is 66071-61720, which is a 5/8 X 68 inch belt. I will leave this as information only until I hear from you.

JACUSTOMER-85jjqpnt- :

The measure of thisbelt is 78.750 inch this is the belt that drives the transmission. Belt is marked bando red - s l l S B - 7 8.

curtis b :

what you have is an industrial belt. It is a B series belt 78 inches long. It is not original Kubota. The Kubota belt shows one to be 5/8x81 and the number for the newer mower serial number is XXXXX but no one has a cross to it, so we don't know its size. You can see if your dealer has the new number and can measure it, or just go to a mower shop or good belt supplier and match up what you have. Sorry I couldn't help more.

curtis b :

66071-51520 is the 81 inch belt.

JACUSTOMER-85jjqpnt- :

Your reply is no help at all. I have already done the things you suggest.

JACUSTOMER-85jjqpnt- :

Please cancel my account asap!

JACUSTOMER-85jjqpnt- :

I never had a "Heavy Equipment" question-- I have a riding lawnmower problem How do I cncel this thing? I don't want to pay $28 for non-information.