FIX-IT, Technician

3 I: peterbilt..a 12.7 detroit engine that will crank..wont start

Customer Question

I have a peterbilt truck with a 12.7 detroit engine that will crank over but will not start I have to codes coming up 128 051 3 and 128 052 3 I need to know why it wont start.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.i can help you with this..those codes you have pertain to the engine brake solenoids.The fmi 3 indicates a open circut some place in the harness and or solenoids..and your engine should still start with these codes active.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the jakes are unpluged so that is why the jakes are throwing a code do you have any suggestions on why its not starting. those were the only codes it was showing

Expert:  FIX-IT replied 5 years ago.

What is the history with this truck?has it been sitting?just serviced?just repaired?or did it just not start the next morning?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we just put this motor in and now it wont start
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 5 years ago.
a new motor ? used ? just out of framed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
used it drove in here in another truck
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 5 years ago.
same year,make and model of truck ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the used motor is out of a 93 peterbilt and the truck is a 96 peterbilt
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 5 years ago.
ok if the check engine light comes on then off at key on,then i would be leaning to a fuel problem,sometimes these ddc s-60 engines can be a bugger to prime,drop fuel filters,refill and hook a pressure bleeder to the fuel inlet and pressure bleed at 60 psi,and make sure batteries are fully charged and crank away three times at 20 second intervals with a 3 min pause between starting interval.try it and let me know how you did..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it still wont start after i put a fuel pump off of another motor that was running. i primed it up and even tryed pulling the fuel out of a bucket instead of from the tanks. what do you think i should do from here.
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 5 years ago.

Ok confirm your getting good fuel from the head by removing the return line off the head,while your there make sure the fuel regulator is ok at the back of the head,then also confirm you getting no bubbles and if ok then we`ll look into the electrical system..