Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

diesel..truck wont low idle on drivers side

Customer Question

2005 npr 4 cly diesel. truck wont low idle. it has a fast idle on drivers side at left knee sitting in truck. turn it to low idle it will shut the truck off. i tried to purge the air at the injection pump. crazy as it sounds fuel will flow out of out of one of the inj. lines when u purge it and then change and flow out of that one and then stop flowing from another one. it runs down the road fine if you are idled up. the min. u stop it dies. it starts righ back up. also it was running fine when i changed the head gasket and put a new egr valve
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  al-mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator on the Just Answer website and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. I do not answer questions, rather I work with Customers and Experts to try to help questions get answered. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions may go un-answered. Some of the common reasons found on some questions are:

1. The question is unclear.

2. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.

3. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online.

4. And sometimes, there just may not be an Expert available who feels they have the proper experience to reply.

This isn't an all-inclusive list as to why questions may go unanswered but they are some common reasons.

I have re-listed the question and alerted Experts that you are needing a response. Should you not receive an answer and you made a deposit, the deposit is fully refundable by visiting the Just Answer help pages or by replying back on this thread.

Thanks for using Just Answer.