DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,
28984014

My scanner and got a code 128 254 8 SID It is an ISB 230 engine

I hooked up my scanner and got a code 128 254 8 SID It is an ISB 230 engine can you tell me what is the problem
hello what is the engine serial number?

Hello again this code is for the vp44 pump, my suggestion is to ensure you have a new filter on the engine, and verify the lift pump is working( you should be able to hear it at key on) if not that will need to be replaced first. if you replace it it could of been too late and you will need a new vp44 pump because if the vp44 pump struggles to pull fuel from the tank with out the aid of the lift pump it prematurely makes the pump fail.

CODEREASON
Fault Code: 368
PID: P0216, S254
SPN: 1078
FMI: 8

The VP44 fuel pump can not achieve the timing value being commanded by the engine electronic control module (ECM) due to an internal pump problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The engine serial number is56502607
Thanks again this code is for the vp44 pump, my suggestion is to ensure you have a new filter on the engine, and verify the lift pump is working( you should be able to hear it at key on) if not that will need to be replaced first. if you replace it it could of been too late and you will need a new vp44 pump because if the vp44 pump struggles to pull fuel from the tank with out the aid of the lift pump it prematurely makes the pump fail.
CODEREASON
Fault Code: 368
PID: P0216, S254
SPN: 1078
FMI: 8