Rudolph Diesel
Rudolph Diesel, ASE ,Master Heavy Truck Technichian
Experience:  25 YEARS OF HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIRS
3087803

ENGINE LIGHT COMES..GOES AWAY AT AROUND 1400 rpm SHOWS..CYLINDER..SWAP

I HAVE A 3406E IN A 2000 PETERBILT JUST PUT IN A REMAN ENGINE FROM NATIONAL POWER SUPPLY MY ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AY IDLE AND GOES AWAY AT AROUND 1400 RPM SHOWS A CODE #73 CYLINDER 3 OR 4 FAULT SLIGHT SHAKE IDLE OR 900 RPM COULD I SWAP INJECTORS FROM MY OLD ENGINE TO SEE IF ITS THE INJECTOR
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Rudolph Diesel replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

Yes it does sound like a injector problem,

Few things to look at too,

1 would be the injector wiring harness

see if there is any brakes where it connects on to the injector and where the harness looms together before the female plug in on the side of the spacer housing between the valve cover and head

2 is to check the pins here too at the female connection see if any pins here are broken or loose

3 would be where the male end come into the female end check for damaged wire loose female pin connections at the plug

I would not hurt to trace the wires down to the ecm also check for damage or brakes.

If were going to do a injector swap check the numbers so were running the same on all the cylinders.

Let me know if i can help more!

RD