DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,

14 liter detroit how to manually regenerate it.

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  DR.Cummins replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
DR.Cummins :

-----Apply the parking brake.3Make sure the transmission is in neutral position.4Put chocks in front of and behind the wheels.5Set up a safety area around the exhaust. Refer to "Safety area around exhaust".6Carry out the actions below within a 35seconds time limit.•Release the parking brake and reapply it.•Put transmission from N to D and back to N.•Press the lower part of the DPF regeneration switch during 5 to 10 seconds.If allowed by engine electronics, the stationary regeneration is started. The engine speed increases. The "DPF-regeneration" symbol disappears from the multifunctional display of the dash-board and the “DPF REGENERARTION ACTIVE” message appears

----Apply the parking brake.3Make sure the transmission is in neutral position..•Press the lower part of the DPF regeneration switch during 5 to 10 seconds.If allowed by engine electronics, the stationary regeneration is started. The engine speed increases. The "DPF-regeneration" symbol disappears from the multifunctional display of the dash-board and the “DPF REGENERARTION ACTIVE” message appears you should have the regen switch on the dash.Observe the vehicle and its immediate surroundings during regeneration. The regeneration process takes 20 to 40minutes. if that way does not work than follow this one

Engine at idle----
brake set cycle off to on------
trans in netural------
press and release clutch pedal--
hold dpf switch for 5 sec

Edited by DR.Cummins on 7/31/2010 at 10:55 PM EST
did you get the second part of my post? the only difference was to cycle brake and press and release clutch
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience: 16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this doesnt seem to work it runs about 3 min then shuts off
is the dpf required light on? any check engine lights on after regen kicks out?
Parked regeneration is not allowed when the DPF lamp is not illuminated