Cat Man
Cat Man, Caterpillar Engine Expert
Experience:  23 Years Caterpillar Engine experience.
30708357

I HAVE C15 CAT ENGINE I NEED WIRING DIAGRAM AND VOLTAGE IN

I HAVE C15 CAT ENGINE I NEED WIRING DIAGRAM AND VOLTAGE IN INTAKE VALVE SELENOID
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 years ago.

Hi. Thanks for using JA! Can you get me your engine serial number please?

It should start with BXS, MXS, or NXS.

Thanks.

Also, are you needing the schematic for the Intake Valve Actuation Sensor or the Intake Valve Control Soleniod?

Edited by Cat Man on 7/21/2010 at 9:40 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK AND TKU AGAIN I INSTALL NEW INT VALVE CONTROL SELENOID BY THE TRHOUBLE CODE 385-3 COMING OUT AGAING THESERIAL #IS BXS18627
Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the information.

The 385-3 is a codes for the intake valve actuator pressure sensor. This sensor is located on top of the head near the front. It has 3 wires.

The intake valve control solenoid is the 2 wire solenoid near the IVA sensor.

I assume that since you have a 385-3, you need the schematic for the IVA sensor.

Here it is.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

graphic

Cat Man, Caterpillar Engine Expert
Experience: 23 Years Caterpillar Engine experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TANK U BY I WANT TO NOW WHAT VOLTAGE IS COMMUN ON THOSE SENSOR 12V OR 5 VOLTS

Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 years ago.

Sure.

There should be 5 volts coming to terminal pin A. B is ground. And C is the return voltage.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK THE INTAKE VALVE CONTROL SELENOID HAVE TWO WIRES 12V OR 5V I THINK IS 12V BY I DONT NO I NEED U HELP ON THIS PLEASE

Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 years ago.

The 2 wire solenoid is 12 volt supply.

But if you have a 385-3 the problem is with the 3 wire sensor. Most of the time, the sensor has failed. If it has not failed, the problem could be in the harness.

Do you have 5 volts at the A pin on the connector?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES HAVE 5V ON A PIN ,I DONT HAVE 12V ON TWO WIRES SELENOID
Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the information.

You only have 12V on the 2 pin when it is activated.

Since you have a 385-3, the problem is not the 2 pin solenoid.

Have you tried a sensor?