Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts

bobcat: engine runs..rough..carb, flushed fuel fuel pump

I have a bobcat 632 unit has ford industrial 140. Problem engine runs until you get to rough ground, then engine will only run with choke out. I have removed and cleaned carb, flushed fuel system, installed new fuel pump and checked for spark. You can tell the engine acts like it is starving for fuel. Not sure where to go next.
Try a test line from the fuel pump inlet and dropped into the tank. Test will leave out all the suction side of the fuel system. If it runs as it should, you know it is a fuel suction problem and you can isolate each section , one at a time. If it doesn't help, I would think it is not a fuel problem but and electrical issue. Let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If you disconnect the inlet side of the pump, fuel runs out of the line with no restrictions, I have put a new electric pump on.

I put an inline spark tester with a .020 gap and it does not miss. I have also installed an new set of point set at .020".

Yes, it may run out with no restrictions, but it is not the same as driving the unit through the terrain. Again ,that will eliminate any question on the fuel supply. When you changed the points did you change the condenser?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I will try running a line from the pump to the tank fill and see what happens,

yes both points and cond

Good deal, let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Found one bad spark plug and vent on fuel cap plugged, replaced plugs and cap.
Good job!!