Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.

my 2003 mack e7 460 e tec engine broke.turbo busted and engine

my 2003 mack e7 460 e tec engine broke.turbo busted and engine was racing crazy.i changed turbo but... did not clean air cooler.after starting engine was racing again. we had no oil preasure.we opened the oil pan to find a lot of peices of metal and we also took down 2 [ so far] " bad" connecting bearings.we also took down 2 main bearings that seem to be ok.i am very slow in internet can you give me phocane number that i can call thank you. david this is CL 713 model
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne,
I will help you with this,
If you had 2 bad rod bearings, that crank needs to come out. and get ground.
Replace the oil pump, Actually you need to do a over haul, cam bearings and flush oil system.
We can not have personal contact with Customers, JA rules.

If this helped you, please hit Accept....Cool
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks,its more complicated it takes me long time to write 1 lettet at a time.the sleeve# XXXXX [closest to the cab] is broken. also the gear of the oil pump does not " meet" the gear of the auxilary shaft . may be this explains why we got broken peices of metal that look like light carbon . do i have to take this shaft out ? and if yes /do i take it from the compresssor side or from the front ? i respect the roles of ja but i wish iget call @(NNN) NNN-NNNN thanks again david
Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.

Morning David,

If the sleeve #6 broken, and the oil pump gears don't meet you have more problems then you think,
You need to do in frame overhaul. Bearings, Rod,Mains, Possible Cam, you , sounds like you have more internal damage , Another thing, is them pieces that look like Carbon, is probly cam follower rollers If you never have done this before, I suggest you have someone do it...

Thanks, Wayne Cool

Edited by wayne on 6/23/2010 at 6:22 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi wayne

i meant to say that the gear of the oil pump does not meet the gear on the auxilary drive that goes from the compressor till the power steering pump.that gear "moved"

1 or 2 inches toward the compressor direction.maybe something broke in this aux. drive? in order to take out the aux. drive do i take the power steering pump out and the compresssor got to come out too ? what is "cam follower rollers" ? thanks a lot david

Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.

Morning David,

Cam follower rollers are on top of cam, follows cam lobes,to open valves.
yes remove P/S pump and compressor.........Cool

Thanks Wayne
Wayne, Journeyman
Experience: 34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

first of all thank you . i am lost in this mess we also realized that # XXXXX rod is bent. we removed the compressor and the power ts. pump but the aux. drive wont move otherwise we hit it. may be i shall stop and you help me get competeable used engine this is e7 460 e-tec . serial # XXXXX year 2003 federal family : 2mkxh11.9h63 . thank you again.

by the way / we got another truck like this , we never registered it .but i want to trasfer the plates to it .when the engine is running it shoots oil drops out if i remove the cap of addind oil . what is this another trouble ?

david

Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.

Hi David,

boy, oh boy,
You do have a mess going on, the 2nd engine, if it shooting out drops of oil ,from oil fill, you have a broken piston ,and /or rings.

!st engine, I would almost say trash this and get a reman exchange, this is just getting much worse as you get in to it...

Thanks, Wayne Cool
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wayne hi

what has to be done in "shooting engine" in order to : #1 to surely diagnose it ? and #2 to fix it assuming its " broken piston and or rings" ?

can you help me getting used engine?

must it be e7 460 e tech?

give me some hope in this mess

thank you david

Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.

Morning David,

When you and I say shooting oil out of oil fill tube, this means pressure build up in crank case, might be as simple as a blocked/clogged engine breather, try to remove, and or clean and see if that helps,
Yes I will help you look for a used engine,,What state are you in ??

Here is a web site with all kinds of Mack engines, just scroll down to see yours

http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/engines.cfm?ID=156

Thanks Wayne

Edited by wayne on 6/27/2010 at 5:22 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi wayne

tommorow i shall clean / remove the breather and inform you.

i m in ny l

thanks david

Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.

Thanks David,
Let me know what goes on, take your time.

Wayne..................Cool

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi wayne

i was away

i ll let you know soon whats going on thanks

Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.

Morning David,

OK, Thanks

Wayne Cool
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi wayne

we got the other truck going . we got new turbo /serviced any thing we could. and pray

what can we put in the other truck?

we removed the block. can an engine which is not e7 460 e tech fit ?

if yes / will it do the job ?

thanks david

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Hi David,

The E 7, 427 is almost the same engine, just about same horse power, I
So if you want to go with this, this is your engine

Thanks, Wayne Cool