Benjy, Technician
Experience:  10+ Years Experience Factory Trained John Deere, CaseIH, Kubota, Agco, Mahindra, Valra, Fendt,

Skid steer..the one pump that drives the left side..motors

I have a case 1845C skid steer and the one side drive stopped working, the one pump that drives the left side is not working, we switched sides to be sure it was'nt the wheel motors. and that worked so we know its the one pump. what is wrong with the pump and how hard are they to repair, Jack douglas
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Benjy replied 6 years ago.

Ok, well one thing to check is to make sure that the control linkage is actually turning the control shaft in the pump. Once it is verified that the control is ok. The pump is really not serviceable in the average shop. It is generally more cost effective to send to a hydro rebuild shop. Just simply remove the pump and send it on its way. Usually they tend to destroy internal components when they quit pumping and will need extensive overhaul. I also recommend flushing the motor as any contamination coming out of the pump will end up going through the motor and potentially ruining it as well as your freshly rebuilt pump.

It is possible to rebuild the unit in a well equipped shop but I have found that usually it is just better to send them off.

Please accept my answer and leave feedback(bonuses GREATLY appreciated)