Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

I have a 1982 Kubota tractor model L260P , Z1300 2 cylinder

I have a 1982 Kubota tractor model L260P , Z1300 2 cylinder engine with approx. 1000 hours. There is no injector fuel pressure.

The fuel injection pump discharge, from the injection pump fuel delivery pipe - has no pressure. The bleeder valve on the fuel filter and the bleeder valve on the injection pump flows freely with no air bubbles. The delivery valve assembly spring and plunger seem in perfect condition with no rust or broken springs. I removed the injection pump side plate and the plunger springs move freely on the cam shaft. When the delivery valve assembly was removed the fuel flowed freely when cranked - with no bubbles.

Can you provide suggestions as to what to repair?
George Stillman
Valley Center, CA
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
When you had the side plate off, there should have been a connecting rack for the two injectors that moves right and left. This is the fuel rack that moves the injector from no fuel position to the full fuel position. It has to be free and move easily. When you move the throttle, it should move also. When you pull the engine stop, it should move to the no fuel position. I would think that this is stuck, or the kill lever is not letting it go to the open position. Let me know. Thanks.