Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,

Hi. Im working on a 2003 ISX Cummins with a 482 code. I have

Hi. I'm working on a 2003 ISX Cummins with a 482 code. I have the Cummins manuals. I have 100 psi at cranking. It does start but runs at a very low rpm then stalls. It blows white smoke. When running the fuel pressure doesn't raise. I've replaced the two regulator valves and the pressure senser. The engine was three gals low when I got it. I topped it off.
Hello anyother fault codes? Is the fuel pressure less that 100 psi while cranking for at least 10 second? What is the fuel pressure at idle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes a inactive 259. I'm using a 0 to 1000 psi gauge but it shows about 80 to 90 psi. It will idle at less then 300 rpms sometimes but gauge raises a little.
ok do this and get back to me dissconnect the fuel supply line to the ifsm and run the engine off a 5 gal bucket are you getting the same issue like that? Please check the lift pump operation and ensure the filters have been serviced before we go further
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you want me to bypass the filter?
No if it's new its ok you can't anyway its part of the isfm were checking the engine only to see if its engine or oem related
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The engine acts the same
Ok the 2 possible failures are bad fuel shut off selnoid or thje fuel pump.