Buddy
Buddy, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years
19040450

detroit 60 series engine light come truck cut off after running

detroit 60 series engine light come truck cut off after running for 60 second, change fuel filter,water seperator still have problem.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Buddy replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Buddy, and i will try and help you out.

Turn your ignition switch on and wait couple seconds and hold down the shutdown override switch and blink out the fault codes.Just count the flashes, there will be a short pause between each code number. The codes are 2 digit codes. Let me know all the codes and also what light each code was flashed out on, the check engine light or stop engine llight. Let me know, and we will go from there.

Thanks

Buddy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
unable to find shutdown override switch on kenworth t800,what should i do next,thank you.
Expert:  Buddy replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. Does check engine light come on and truck shuts down about 60 seconds later every time or does this come and go.Also does the stop engine light come on as well.

Thanks
Buddy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
check engne light come on and engine cut off immediately eery time,turn off key for 30 second engine start up again and does the same thing. over and over.
Expert:  Buddy replied 4 years ago.

Without being able to get the fault code, might be a little diffucult to diagnose. If it was a protection sensor, the check engine light and stop engine light would come on and engine would shutoff about 30 seconds later. This would be either low coolant, oil pressure or coolant temp. But if yours is just getting a stop engine light and it is shutting down immediately after the check engine light comes on, that sounds like something else. The only sensor that will cause this is the trs sensor. It is a timing reference sensor. It is located below the air compressor going into the side of the front cover. I would inspect the wiring at sensor and make sure it is not corroded and the pins in the plug are not spread open and causing loose connection. I would also check your ecm power connections at the batteries also. Make sure they are tight and not corroded. I hope this helps you out. If you have anymore questions, or info just ask.

Thanks
Buddy

Buddy, Technician
Experience: 20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years