Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts

I have a Clark GCS-15 forklift. Is there a special procedure

I have a Clark GCS-15 forklift. Is there a special procedure for setting the brakes?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
When you say setting the brakes, do mean how to adjust them? It has a star adjuster and you should be able to access through the corresponding hole in the backing plate. Adjust them out as far as possible so the drum is just touching and they should need very little adjusting. They adjuster is an auto matic adjuster , it works in when you back up. It will keep the brakes adjusted after the initial manual adjustment. If you need more info. let me know. I was service manager for 15 years at clark dealer. Thanks.