Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

963 bobcat: first turn..it warms up it lifts..filters..few minutes

I have an old 963 bobcat thats having some lift issues. When you first turn it on it seems to lift fine, but as soon as it warms up it lifts like a few cintemeter a minute. I changed all the hydra filters and it seemed to be better for just a few minutes longer then usual then it went back toi the slow lifting. It drives and steers fine with no problems. Could it be the pump or maybe the valve assembly that controls just the arms? Is there a way we can test it? Thanks
P.S. Tilting the bucket is almost as slow.
The drive and steer work off the drive pump. The boom and bucket work off the hydraulic pump. You can check the pressure at the hydraulic control valve , should be close to 2500psi. More than likely your hydraulic pump is bad . It works better when cold and as soon as it starts to warm, it gets bad. Classic problem of bad pump. I hope this helps. Thanks.