Buddy
Buddy, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years
19040450

Freightliner Century 2001- All the dash guages stop working,

Freightliner Century 2001- All the dash guages stop working, but truck runs good. When door is opened the 2 turn signal lights on dash glow real low.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Buddy replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome back to JA. I am Buddy, and i will try and help you out.

What is the last 6 of your truck vin#.

Is the guages the only thing on dash that is not working?

Did this happen all at once, or has it been acting up before?

Thanks
Buddy

Edited by Buddy on 4/9/2010 at 1:38 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

vin #

F90744 Guages on dash only thing that doesn't work. They went out all at once

Expert:  Buddy replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the info.

When just the gauges go inop like that, that normally means your entire instrument cluster is bad. If it was just 1 or 2 gauges inop, it could be a gauge or a wiring issue. I am also attaching a troubleshooting guide and another diagram that shows which pins to check for voltage and grounds. I hope this helps you out. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Thanks
Buddy

TROUBLESHOOTING <<<<<<< click there

SPECS <<<<<< click there

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We need the layout of the fuses and breakers for the ICU
Expert:  Buddy replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Here is a couple different diagrams. 2 of them show fuse location in the fuse panel. The other is a wiring diagram of the dash.It might not help you, but it might. It took me several years before i could read one of those harnesses. I hope this helps you out. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Thanks
Buddy

Just click on each link below for pdf file

PDM1

PDM2

WIRINGDIAGRAM

Buddy, Technician
Experience: 20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years