Buddy
Buddy, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years
19040450

Freightliner M2 Cat C7 engine. Dashboard says 3_2.2 and after

Freightliner M2 Cat C7 engine. Dashboard says 3_2.2 and after bh164 code. Can somebody tell me what that meens?

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Buddy, and i will try and help you out.

The 3_2.2 is the software level of your instrument cluster. The bh164 means you have a active bulkhead module fault. This is the module on your firewall that has several plugs pluggin into it. The only way to troubleshoot this fault is to have servicelink. I would recommend getting checked out at a local freightliner dealer.Normally it is nothing major. I hope this helps you out. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Thanks

Buddy

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi, that's what I did. I changed switch(NNN) NNN-NNNN one contact from inside was lose and I got check angine message on top of it. So, after I changed it, that message BH164 was still there. And after some time, maybe 10 or so starts I was driving and got check engine message again (it was blinking). About 5 miles later check engine message disapepeared and after second start bh164 message was gone. So, no messages right now. Did bulk head reset itself after? Or it is something wrong and I need to connect to computer?

Thanks for the reply. It might of reset itself and went inactive. I would not worry about it, unless it comes back on and then i would recommend getting hooked to laptop and checked out.

Thanks
Buddy

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HI , I got same message again. Now I have more info.

Code says. BH 164 SId 082 FAIL 6

What is it? Can I still drive. Engine runs normal, everything looks normal.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
now it says diag2 fault 1 bh 164 Sid 107 fail 6

Thanks for the reply.

sid 082 fmi 6 shows to be a spare output fault. This can be a number of things, depending on what the bulkhead module is programmed to. The sid 107, i do not show anything on that code. Here is the fault code list for the bhm. CODELIST <<<< click there. I would say you will still be safe to drive truck, but i would get it checked out first chance you had tho.If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Thanks
Buddy