Andy, Technician
Experience:  310s and 310t technician licenses, 17 yrs experience, International Diamond Certified Tech 7 yrs

I am looking for a list of fault codes for a 2005 International

I am looking for a list of fault codes for a 2005 International 9400i with cummins isx 435
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
I think I can help you with that. Do you have the engine serial number? It's an 8 digit number.

Edited by Andy3221 on 2/26/2010 at 6:38 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have cummins codes, I need the Navistar codes

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
That truck does not have a body controller (esc). Therefore, no navistar codes. Does this unit have an automatic tranny?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no automatic, there are codes that come up on the dashboard, tye are not cummins codes, I have been told they are navistar codes, an example of one is 128:F10
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

During diagnostic troubleshooting the Instrument Cluster LCD will show stored Message IDs (MIDs). These are three digit identifiers that indicate the device or module from which the fault code has been sent. To enter the Cluster Faults Menu, press the odometer set/reset switch repeatedly until the Faults Menu appears in the LCD. The LCD readout will indicate that there are NO faults or will show the number of faults. Pressing the set/reset switch again and holding for three seconds will change the display mode to show the MIDs of the actual faults and will indicate the codes are either active (A) or previously active (P) shown on the second line . The display will cycle through the fault codes showing one every three seconds, or will manually cycle through the codes one at a time for each push of the set/reset switch. To exit the Fault Menu press and hold the set/reset switch for three seconds and the cluster will return to the main menu and allow access to the other features such as odometer.

MID

ORIGINATING MODULE

128

Engine

130

Transmission

136

ABS module

140

Instrument cluster

171

Driver Information Center

219

Collision avoidance

If any of the mids are displayed in your dash lcd display, you need to use the proper software according to which module is sending the code and then follow the troubleshooter on that software. If you don't have an engine warning lamp on or an abs lamp on, then you simply disregard what is displayed in your lcd display. It is not an active code or it is an engine code that does not set a warning lamp but just stores in memory (not serious). These types of codes can only be cleared by the proper software to access the specific module that sent the code in the first place

Edited by Andy3221 on 2/26/2010 at 8:44 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What would the F:10 indicate?
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
To my knowledge, there are no navistar codes . The first number indicates which module is sending the code. The f number I think is letting us know how many different codes are currently stored in module. I have been working on International trucks for about 8 years now and have never run into navistar fault codes for 9400 model. The lcd display is just there basically to tell you where the fault is coming from and from that point which software you should use to diagnose.
Andy, Technician
Experience: 310s and 310t technician licenses, 17 yrs experience, International Diamond Certified Tech 7 yrs