Andy, Technician
Experience:  310s and 310t technician licenses, 17 yrs experience, International Diamond Certified Tech 7 yrs
30303843

my tripac will not turn on at all.it wont even turn on at the

my tripac will not turn on at all.it wont even turn on at the control box next to the bunk.i checked all the fuses,i had one 10 amp in line fuse blown.i just had a starter put on my truck and when i got it back my tripac wont even turn on. i checked to make sure it was connected at the battery and it is.Any help would be much appreciated.thx
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Is it at all possible perhaps that the tripac gets its power from the starter positive connection at the starter? Did you trace the tripac main positive and negative cables? Do they both lead to the batteries? Do you have power at the display at all? Is display powering up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i called thermal king and they said no wires hook up to the starter. the wires that go to the tripac are hooked up to the battery.there is nothing that displays when i press the power button.nothing comes on.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Is it possible that they disconnected batteries to replace starter and when they reconnected , they forgot to reconnect one of the cables at the battery box? If not, then there should be a fuse for the display that may be blown. Did you check fuses or wiring leaving tripac going into sleeper? There may be an inline fuse blown to power up display. If it was working fine before they replaced the starter, then I suspect that a wire got missed when reconnecting all . Should double check starter area and battery box to be certain nothing was forgotten.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
as far as i can tell all wires are connected. there was a inline fuse blown but i changed it and still dont get anything.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
But the starter on the truck engine was replaced . Correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes correct
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

And the tripac was running fine just before the starter was replaced ? Correct?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes. thermal king said no wires hook up to the starter only the battery.so i made sure they reconnected the wire to the battery and that the fuse wasnt blown.unfortunately i was 600 miles away before i noticed my tripac wasnt working.out of all the fuses i only found 1 that was blown and i changed it,but it didnt help any.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Do you know what circuit the blown fuse powers .Is it for the tripac?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it goes into the control board under the bunk i have no idea what it does tho
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

There is a main fuse under the tripac that is hard to spot but it may be blown as well -See if you can have a look for that . It may be a reset switch . I think that maybe they connected tripac the wrong way at batteries at first after starter was replaced and may have blown main fuse by accident. The main positive cable coming into tripac unit must go to a main fuse that may be blown . Itshould be in the lower portion of the tripac unit

Edited by Andy3221 on 2/21/2010 at 3:53 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
were is that main fuse at? inside the tripac were the motor is?
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

If you follow the main positive(red ) cable , going into the tripac unit, it should connect to a main fuse or reset breaker.

There is also a reset button on the side of the unit in the sleeper.

Edited by Andy3221 on 2/21/2010 at 4:14 AM EST
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Hello again. Just wondering if you found problem. I hope it worked out for you . Please click accept if my answers helped you at all and some feedback would be much appreciated . Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i cant find that main engine fuse.Where is it at?
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Did you follow the main positive cable going into tripac ?

Follow it and see where it connects? Check for power there and check for corrosion or loose cables. I'm told there is a main fuse or reset underneath the unit. You may have to remove a panel to see it or access it.

Andy, Technician
Experience: 310s and 310t technician licenses, 17 yrs experience, International Diamond Certified Tech 7 yrs