Don
Don, Mechanic
Experience:  35 years experience journeyman mechanic transport truck and trailer including off road equipment
10251524

I have a 2007 freightliner with a Smart shift automatic transmision

I have a 2007 freightliner with a Smart shift automatic transmision and has the following codes: F, CA, and 35 on the digital clock where the sppeds are showing.
the truck runs fine then.... the trans chk light goes on...... then the shut off goes on....
then the engine stops. What could be the problem???
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Don replied 4 years ago.
hi there my name is don here is your complete manual for that transmission including the codes
don

smart shift transmission service manual
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

code 35 =J-1939 data link...... the code CA i could not find it ..... could you tell me the meaning for these codes?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could you tell me the meaning and the corrective action to fix it........... code 35 and CA
Expert:  Don replied 4 years ago.
hi there try this

Fault Codes Retrieval/Clearing
Retrieving Fault Codes
1. Place the shift lever in neutral.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Turn the ignition key ON but do not start the engine. If the engine is already running, you may still
retrieve codes, however, do not engage the starter if engine stalls.
4. To Retrieve Active Codes: Start with the key in the ON position. Turn the key
OFF and ON two times within five seconds ending with the key in the ON
position. After five seconds, a number(s) will appear on the gear display which
will identify the failure mode(s). 25 will dictate no fault codes.
To Retrieve Inactive Codes: Start with the key in the
ON position. Turn the key OFF and ON four times
within five seconds ending with the key in the ON
position. After five seconds, a number(s) will appear
on the gear display which will identify the failure
mode(s). 25 will dictate no fault codes.
5. Note the codes and consult TSG.
Clearing Fault Codes
1. Start with the key in the ON position. Turn the key OFF and ON six times within
five seconds, ending with the key in the ON position.
Note: If the codes have been successfully cleared, the service lamp will come on
and stay on for five seconds.
2. Turn the key OFF and allow system to power down.
OFF ON
6 TIMES
OFF ON
4 TIMES
Fault Code Isolation Procedure Index
Fault Codes Description
11 Shift Control
12 Transmission Controller
14 Invalid Lever Position
16 Eaton Proprietary Link (EPL)
17 Start Enable Relay Coil
21 Interrupt Solenoid Coil
22 Lockup/Bypass Solenoid Coil
24 Hydraulic System Fault
25 No Codes
32 Switched System Voltage
33 Battery Voltage Supply
35 J-1939 Data Link
41 Range Failed to Engage
42 Splitter Failed to Engage
43 Range Valve
44 Inertia Brake Solenoid Coil
46 Splitter Valve
Fault Codes Description
51 Rail Select Sensor
52 Gear Select Sensor
56 Input Shaft Speed Sensor
57 Main Shaft Speed Sensor
58 Output Shaft Speed Sensor
61 Rail Select Motor
63 Gear Select Motor
65 Logic Power
71 Stuck Engaged
72 Failed to Select Rail
73 Failed to Engage Gear
74 Failed to Synchronize
83 Shift Lever Missing
91 Check of the Wiring Integrity
92 Weak Voltage in System
93 Loss of J1939 Communication
OFF ON
2 TIMES
Driver Instructions
SmartShift™
EA10374
June 2005
Copyright Eaton® Corporation 2003
All rights reserved. Printed in Australia 06/05
EA10374
Don, Mechanic
Experience: 35 years experience journeyman mechanic transport truck and trailer including off road equipment