Buddy, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years

What is Code ECU 128 and bh 164 on Freightliner mercedes e

Customer Question

What is Code ECU 128 and bh 164 on Freightliner mercedes engine?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Buddy replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Welcome to JA. I am Buddy, and i will try and help you out if you are still needing help.

ECU 128 means you have a active engine fault. bh 164 means you have a active bulkhead module fault. These 2 could be related. There should be some more numbers to these codes to be able to narrow down. Try and use mode/reset button and see if you can get a pid and a fmi or fail number also. If you are unable to, you are probaly gonna have to go to a freightliner dealership and have them hook up laptop with service link and see what the faults are. If you are able to get the rest of the fault numbers, let me know and also include last 6 of your truck vin#. Also if you have anymore questions, just ask.

Edited by Buddy on 1/21/2010 at 2:47 AM EST