DDG, Service Coordinator
Experience:  2 years Truck shop experience, 12 years of Bobcat Compact Equipment experience

Have cummins n14 plus 525 manifold presure..fuel lines..voltage

have cummins n14 plus 525 manifold presure between 15 18 pounds of presure starts cutting out . checked fuel lines ,voltage,and had to cummins dealer 3 times evrey thing on cumputer is checking ok .they think maybe ecm
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  DDG replied 6 years ago.
I hate to have to say it, but an ECM is a possibility. My only concern is that the inputs to the ECM have been confirmed to be correct. I have seen pressure senders in the past that would give the ECM in inaccurate reading, and cause the ECM to believe there is a condition that really wasn't. This can happen with a faulty sensor, or a loose or corroded wiring connection, etc.

Be sure that they used an actual gauge to verify manifold pressure, and fuel pressure, etc, to be sure the gauge readings match the sensor readings. If so, I would agree to trying a new ECM.