DDG, Service Coordinator
Experience:  2 years Truck shop experience, 12 years of Bobcat Compact Equipment experience

I have a deutz F3L 1011 F and the timing belt broke I need

Customer Question

I have a deutz F3L 1011 F and the timing belt broke I need to Know how to reset the timing before putting on the new timing belt
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  DDG replied 6 years ago.
I hate to have to tell you this, but timing the Deutz engines requires two specially made tools, and a pretty specific procedure for tensioning the timing belt.

Setting the cam shaft timing on Deutz engines requires two specialty tools from Deutz. they are threaded pins that you put in to the block. One goes into a notch in the cam shaft, and the other buts up to a flat spot on the crank shaft. This assures that the two are timed to each other. Once they are pinned, there is more procedure for installing the belt and properly tensioning it.

You will want to contact a Deutz dealer to get the pins, and the procedure for tensioning the belt.