tj
tj, Mechanic
Experience:  10 years of john deere,agco,new holland,cummins
28098184

How to install injection pump on 9600 ford tractor. timing

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  William replied 7 years ago.
What engine are you running?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i DO NOT KNOW THE ENGINE TYPE AT THIS TIME I KNOW THAT IT IS A SIX CYLINDER DIESEL. THE PUMP IS OFF AND I NEED TO INSTALL IT AFTER A REBUILT. THE TIMING MARKS ARE ALIGN ON THE PUMP. I AM ASSUMING THE THE PUMP NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED BUT NOT TIED TO THE GEAR. THE MOTOR NEED TO BE ROTATED UNTIL THE MARKS ON THE GEAR IS IN ALIGNMENT WITH THE MARKS ON THE PUMP. IS THIS CORECT.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i DO NOT KNOW THE ENGINE TYPE AT THIS TIME I KNOW THAT IT IS A SIX CYLINDER DIESEL. THE PUMP IS OFF AND I NEED TO INSTALL IT AFTER A REBUILT. THE TIMING MARKS ARE ALIGN ON THE PUMP. I AM ASSUMING THE THE PUMP NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED BUT NOT TIED TO THE GEAR. THE MOTOR NEED TO BE ROTATED UNTIL THE MARKS ON THE GEAR IS IN ALIGNMENT WITH THE MARKS ON THE PUMP. IS THIS CORECT
Expert:  tj replied 7 years ago.

Hi i will help you. your engine is a 401. THe pump marks are aligned and then you need to remove the valve cover to verify that you are on number one top dead center both rocker arms will be loose. Then there will be a inspection plate by the oil pan on the right side below the starter you need to align the marks with 23 degrees before top dead center then install pump gear this is a fairly simple job

If you have any more questions just ask THANKS

tj, Mechanic
Experience: 10 years of john deere,agco,new holland,cummins