Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.

heater core..antifreeze on the inside of the cab passenger floor

Customer Question

What is the best way to change the heater core in a 1995 Freightliner FLD 120 ? I am seeing a small amount of antifreeze on the inside of the cab passenger floor and smell it. Did not see it today with the extreme cold weather > 20 degrees. Noticed it more when warm weater.

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne,
I will help you with this,

Before you go ahead and replace core, check the control valve, for leaking, and connections on it, You will have to remove the middle and R/S panel at floor to gain Access.

Get back yo me.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Okay , So does the heater core come out from the outside of the cab on the fire wall or does it neet to be removed from inside the cab

Expert:  Wayne replied 6 years ago.

Inside the cab

Thanks, Wayne