Buddy
Buddy, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years
19040450

2005 international with cummins isx / fault code 128 f04 PID091_P

2005 international with cummins isx / fault code 128:f04 PID091_P - what does this mean & whats the fix?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Buddy replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Welcome to JA. I am Buddy, and i will try and help you out. Here is info on code.

CODEREASONEFFECT
Fault Code: 132
PID: P091
SPN: 091
FMI: 4/4
LAMP: Red
SRT:

Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Circuit - shorted low. Low voltage detected at accelerator pedal position signal circuit.

Severe derate in power output of the engine. Limp home power only.

The accelerator pedal position sensor is mounted to the accelerator pedal assembly.

Possible causes of this fault include:

• Accelerator pedal position signal shorted to engine ground or return wires in the OEM harness or sensor.
  • Failed accelerator pedal position sensor.

I hope this helps you out. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Thanks
Buddy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is fault 132 same as 128 ???
Expert:  Buddy replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.128 is message identifier for engine. Each component have there on mid numbers. Engines are 128. Usually when you get a fault code , it will start out with 128 and then the fmi and pid or side number.What is some of your symptoms when check engine light comes on? Also if you have anymore questions, just ask.

Thanks

Buddy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
truck is chugging when accelerator is depressed,but runs smoothly on cruise. red stop engine light comes on randomly.
Expert:  Buddy replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the info. I would inspect the plug in at throttle sensor for corrosion and plugged in good. If that looked good, i would try a throttle position sensor. This is pretty common sensor to fail. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Thanks
Buddy