Buddy
Buddy, Technician
Experience:  25 years experience
19040450

My Cat acert c15 is throwing the code pid 129 short +V. What

Customer Question

My Cat acert c15 is throwing the code pid 129 short +V. What should I be looking for that would be causing this code.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Diesel Service replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer We'll have to try and get the flash code from the engine, with the key switch on and engine off turn cruise switch off, move the set resume switch and hold in either position until the check engine light begins to flash, release the switch, count first sequence of flashes to determine the first digit of the code, there will be 2 second pause and then another sequence of flashes to determine the second digit, additional codes may follow, try and get them and we'll see what you've got and get it figured out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I get 9 flashes then 5 flashes

no more flashes.
Expert:  Buddy replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer I am Buddy i will try and help you out.

Flash code 95 is for intake valve actuation pressure sensor. This is pretty common sensor to go bad. I would inspect plug in at sensor and make sure it is not corroded and does not have any damaged pins and that it is connected securely. It is located on right side(turbo side), about middle ways of first valve cover. I hope this helps you out. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Thanks
Buddy

Buddy, Technician
Experience: 25 years experience
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help, I will check it out

Scott