Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2003 l300: kubota 4x4 and the right front wheel seal is leaking

Customer Question

i have a 2003 L3010 kubota 4x4 and the right front wheel seal is leaking,can i fix this myself, i have some tools and a air compressor
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Kubota Kelly replied 7 years ago.
You can but you need good knowledge of a planetary system and how it is put together
first. I would recommend having the manual with you when doing it. But yes for a mechanically inclined individual it is possible, you will need transmission pliers or inside snap ring pliers the flat end style. you can probably find some pipe or other device and make a seal driver but other than that it is doable.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so what other info do you need? i don't have a manual, they want $159.00 for one, trying to save some money here. i have a garage and tools.
I don't need any info. If you feel you can make the repair then do it, if not then take it in. That's all I am saying.

I can get you torque specs should you require them but otherwise it is pretty straight forward once you remove the planetary housing.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
kelly , thanks, XXXXX XXXXX are not telling me any more then i already know, i was looking for specifics and it seems that you don't know them or you would have told me in the first e-mail.