Here is the directions, to replace the belt, there is no particular way that you have to feed it.
Remove one cap screw on each belt shield (A), and slide belt shields outward to remove tabs on belt shields from slotted holes (B) in mower deck.
· Remove bolt and belt guide (C).
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! Wear protective eyewear when removing belt from drive sheave. Tension spring may come loose.
· To remove belt, rotate tension arm (D) slightly counter clockwise, and remove belt from sheaves.
5. Inspect belt for wear or damage; replace as necessary.
6. Clean top surface of mower deck and sheaves.
7. Install belt on mower deck as shown. Make sure belt is in the groove of each sheave and inside belt guide (C), and if necessary, rotate tension arm (D) slightly to place belt onto the last sheave.
8. Install and tighten belt guide.
9. Install belt shields onto slotted holes on mower deck and slide each shield towards center of deck. Secure each shield with one cap screw.
10. Install mower deck.