Tim
Tim, Foreman
Experience:  23 Years Heavy Equipment and Truck Repairs Shop and Field in the Minning and Construction Industry

3126 CAT INJECTOR HOLD DOWNS TORQUE SPECS

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Tim replied 4 years ago.

Hello,welcome to JA, My name isXXXXX will try to help.....Injector hold down bolts... please give me your engine ser# XXXXX I will get that for you...

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

eng ser# XXXXX Arg#(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Expert:  Tim replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for that

Injector install

Table 1
Required Tools
Tool Part Number Part Description Qty
D 149-2955 Seal Protector 1
E 149-2956 Seal Installer 1
F 152-1057 Fuel Injector Installer 1

• Install O-ring seals (6) .
    1. Lubricate the O-Ring seals and the sleeve bore of the injector sparingly with clean engine oil.

Note: Proper installation of the injector is very important. Damage to the upper high pressure seals can cause excessive oil leakage under the valve cover. This may cause the engine not to start due to a low actuation pressure. Damage to the lower high pressure seals may allow high pressure oil to leak into the fuel supply passage. This will result in excessive oil consumption.

graphic

Note: Some of these engines were built without the deflector. During the installation of the unit injectors, the deflectors (Y) should be installed.

graphic

• Carefully install the injector into the injector bore. Use Tooling (F) .

Note: Do NOT pry on the top of the injector with another tool. Do NOT strike the injector with a hammer. Damage to the injector will result.

•  

graphic

Note: Do not use the shoulder bolt and the socket head bolt in order to seat the injector.

• Install bolt (4) . Tighten bolt (4) to a torque of 6 N·m (50 lb in).
    1. Install bolt (3) . Tighten bolt (3) to a torque of 12 N·m (9 lb ft).
    1. Connect harness assembly (2) .
    1. Repeat Step 1 through Step 6 for the remaining unit injectors.
    1. Install oil drain plugs (1) .
    1. Check the system for leaks. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Fuel System - Inspect".

End By: Install the valve mechanism cover. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Valve Mechanism Cover - Remove and Install".

Hope this helps,

tim

Tim, Foreman
    Experience: 23 Years Heavy Equipment and Truck Repairs Shop and Field in the Minning and Construction Industry
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    thank you for the info