JBfixer
JBfixer, Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Foreman
18883126

REPLACE THE HYDRALIC LINES INSIDE THE BOOM ON A 506-B JCB LOADALL?

HOW DO I REPLACE THE HYDRALIC LINES INSIDE THE BOOM ON A 506-B JCB LOADALL?
Hello Dub, I will see if I can be of some assistance,
First off, I do apologize if this information is coming to you later than you had anticipated. Next, extend the boom to its maximum length, lower to the ground and support it out by the forks. Relive the system pressure also loosen the cap on the hydraulic tank to remove any residual pressure. Next, mark the lines/hoses/fittings. Tie a small but strong piece of string(preferably nylon)OR mechanics wire on the end of one of the hoses you want to remove. Have an assistant tend the string/wire and SLOWLY remove the hose from the boom at the opposite end. The string will follow the path of the hose.. next, tie the string onto the end of the new hose, cap the hose with a plug/cap to keep dirt out and pull the string back out, the hose will now follow the path of the string(see why we needed a strong piece of string?) repeat this for any remaining hoses.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I already knew this but how do you get to the fittings 9on the front of the boom?

Hello again Dub,

If its a matter of being able to turn the fitting on the end of the hose, you will need a Hydraulic Wrench (see link) in order to get a different angle on the fitting due to space restrictions. Also, there is an access cover on the rear of the boom, remove this.