Tim
Tim, Foreman
Experience:  23 Years Heavy Equipment and Truck Repairs Shop and Field in the Minning and Construction Industry
16986108

I have a cat, (mitsubishi) 305.5 or as called a mm 55 sr excavator.

Customer Question

I have a cat, (mitsubishi) 305.5 or as called a mm 55 sr excavator. It has the 4 cylinder deisel engine. All the wires got pulled of the altinator. It has a three male push on wires, one of which is a double but i think this only had one wire going to it. And of course the main power wire with eye to to threaded stud which was ok. I have been afraid to hook up these in any combination, fearing a will fry something. I turn key on with power wire hooked up only and it will start and function but need to figure out where other 3 wires go so will charge ect...
also putting tester to wires when key is on 2 have power 1 does not. The wire colors are slighty different for 2 that are hot with key on, I think they are a purple and a pink? Then a yellow I believe but not looking at it and having not written the colors down, I couldn't say for sure.
I have the manual, no wiring in it. is there some where i can look or someone that can help? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Mark F.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

Hello, welcome to JA, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will try to help... I have a wire diagram for you click here alternator is located at D 12

I hope the alt terminals are marked

red goes to B

pink goes to P

Black goes to E

green goes to L

green stripped to R ( the green ones are together)

look at the scehem to verify too..

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Tim, i just noticed your answer e-mail. I didn't get a cell text notice and didn't know someone had responded. not checking my e-mail every day, my wife looked at e-mail but never said anything. I ended up towing the stupid thing to a shop, where it sits right now being worked on! Sure wish I would have known you responed, would have saved me some money! Maybe ask if they tried to send text to cell? anyway thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have another question soon. thanks again, Mark fauser
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

Thanks Mark for getting back.. yes I will forward this info to them... Sorry You didnt get the info in time..

Thanks for using JA, see you next time..

Tim