Buddy
Buddy, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years
19040450

C15: I have 475hp caterpillar..keep going

Hi , I have 475hp caterpillar c15 and I have a code95 my oil tempure keep going up to230 -240 and I must keep the fan on
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Buddy replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Welcome to JA. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will try and help you out.Code 95 is Intake Valve Actuation System Oil Pressure voltage high (95). This is pretty common code you see on alot of C15 engines.Here is location of the sensor. graphic

On oil temp, it normally runs 15 to 20 degrees hotter then coolant temp.Is your coolant temp running hotter then it used to.I would check inlet and outlet temps of radiator with infared heat gun. Check with heat gun and see when thermostat opens. See what temp is across oil cooler with heat gun. Also compare temp readings to gauge temp.Could also be your sensor off a few degrees or oil cooler malfunctioning. If you have anymore questions just ask. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my oil cap keep coming off
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my oil cap keep coming out
Expert:  Buddy replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. What is your engine serial number. They have alot of recalls about this problem with oil caps.I will check for u.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
E1j4g1b5dh95ag9L9e oem ser no mxs56038
Expert:  Buddy replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for info. Dont have recall about the oil fill cap. Does have a recall on v v a oil line recall. This is pretty new recall. We have been doing alot of these. PI10764
MXS56038B375ATLANTIC TRANSPORTATION CORPPI10764Replacing The Vva Oil Supply Line On CerOpen08Jul2009No Date

The recall i see alot on oil fill caps is taking a dye and threading inside of oil fill neck about a inch down, to help hold cap in. Dont remember size of tap right off.These are normally on KW trucks. I would also , if you are using oil and have alot of blowby i would have a crankcase pressure test done, to make sure nothing is wrong with cylinder . If you have anymore questions just ask. Thanks