CaseFace
CaseFace, Mechanic
Experience:  22yrs Auto,Truck,Tractor Trailer,Heavy Equipment, Industrial Truck,Forklift,Motor Coach,Tour Bus
2910673

You disassemble Hydraulic cylinder for the 675B John Deere Skid Loader

How do you disassemble Hydraulic cylinder for the 675B John Deere Skid Loader? Part number MG847546?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  CaseFace replied 5 years ago.
I'm going to load up a break down for you and try to help you,
I don't know if anybody will get to you quickly.

That part number didn't show but this should be the same.

Are you having trouble getting the head out?

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you are refering to the Rod, then yes I'm having some trouble. Any Ideas?
Expert:  CaseFace replied 5 years ago.
Did you get number 10 and 13 off.

Steve
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How would you suggest to dig the seals out before part 10, then where should I go from there?
Expert:  CaseFace replied 5 years ago.
Those seals should be inside the head, try tapping the head down into
the cylinder.

Steve
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are trying to tap on the Cylinder Head but there isn't much repsponse, how hard do you need to hit it?
Expert:  CaseFace replied 5 years ago.
Is there any way you can upload an image for me.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry my digital is dead right now...by looking at the diagram if we can get piece 10 out then we can get the shaft out...is there a special way to get out piece number 10?
Expert:  CaseFace replied 5 years ago.
Number 10 looks like an internal snap ring, that looks to me as to what is
holding it in.

I've done plenty of cylinders, the parts break down is not good enough for me to tell what is going on.

That is why I asked for an image before telling you to tap on the head more.

Are you sure you can't see it, look for 2 points that are near the wall of the inside of the cylinder.
Expert:  CaseFace replied 5 years ago.
graphic
CaseFace, Mechanic
Experience: 22yrs Auto,Truck,Tractor Trailer,Heavy Equipment, Industrial Truck,Forklift,Motor Coach,Tour Bus
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes i found the two points, but i need to know if there is a special tool to remove the snap ring. Sorry no camera so i can't take pictures.

Expert:  CaseFace replied 5 years ago.
You just have to use a flat screw driver, put it in the area behind the point and yurn the screw driver.
You see it move when you do that, than can be a pain in the you know what sometimes.

Steve
Expert:  CaseFace replied 5 years ago.
Have to sign off for the night.

If your having alot of trouble getting that ring out, turn and pry on one side and
you will see more of the ring and a gap, stick a smaller screw driver in the gap,
you kinda have to walk it out like you would when changing a bicycle tire.

After that you should be able to pull on the ram and everything should come out.

Take the nut off the bottom and you can change the packing.

You have to change everything exactly the same as they were, the lips on seals
all have to point the same way you take them off.

If you put any in backwards you'll have a leak and or the cylinder won't work right or
it will stall out the machine.

Steve