Buddy
Buddy, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years
19040450

We need the torque for m11 engine head bolts, rocker arms, injectors

we need the torque for m11 engine head bolts, rocker arms, injectors, valve settings

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Pavco Trucking Co.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Buddy replied 5 years ago.
Hi there Pavco Trucking Co. Welcome To JA, I am Buddy i will try and help you out.These settings and torques are for a m11 select and select plus engine.If you have anymore questions just ask. Thanks Here is head bolt torques.
Torque Value:Step 168 n.m [50 ft-lb]
Step 2136 n.m [100 ft-lb]
Step 3Rotate 180 degrees.

NOTE: Rotate at least two flats, but not more than three flats

Tighten the seven capscrews on the fuel pump side of the cylinder head in the sequence shown.

Torque Value: 68  n.m[50  ft-lb ]

Here is the procedure for torquing rocker arms.

The rocker lever assemblies must be installed in the engine so they are in same position as they were removed from.

Install the assemblies on the engine.

Hand tighten the mounting capscrews at this time. The rocker lever side clearance must be adjusted before the capscrews are tightened to their final torque value.

Rocker Lever Installation Side Clearance
mmin
0.50NOM0.020

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext

Push or use a hammer to tap the number five rocker lever support toward the front of the engine.

Tighten the mounting capscrews at this time.

Torque Value: 5  n.m[45  in-lb ]

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext

Install a 0.50 mm [0.020 inch] feeler gauge between the number five support and the intake lever for the number four cylinder.

Push or use a hammer to tap the number six support toward the front of the engine.

Tighten the mounting capscrews.

Torque Value: 5  n.m[45  in-lb ]

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext

Install a 0.50 mm [0.020 inch] feeler gauge between the number six support and the exhaust lever for the number five cylinder.

Push or use a hammer to tap the number seven support toward the front of the engine.

Tighten the mounting capscrews.

Torque Value: 5  n.m[45  in-lb ]

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext

Install a 0.5 mm [0.020 inch] feeler gauge between the number seven support and the intake lever for the number six cylinder.

Push or use a hammer to tap the number eight support toward the front of the.

Tighten the Number 5, 6, 7, and 8 support capscrews to their final torque.

Cast Iron183  n.m[135  ft-lb ]
Aluminum122  n.m[ 90  ft-lb ]

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext

Push or use a hammer to tap the number four support toward the rear of the engine.

Tighten the mounting capscrews.

Torque Value: 5  n.m[45  in-lb ]

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext

Install a 0.50 mm [0.020 inch] feeler gauge between the number four support and the intake lever for the number three cylinder.

Push or use a hammer to tap the number three support toward the rear of the engine.

Tighten the mounting capscrews.

Torque Value: 5  n.m[45  in-lb ]

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext

Install a 0.50 mm [0.020 inch] feeler gauge between the number three support and the exhaust lever for the number two cylinder.

Push or use a hammer to tap the number two support toward the rear of the engine.

Tighten the mounting capscrews.

Torque Value: 5  n.m[45  in-lb ]

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext

Install a 0.50 mm [0.020 inch] feeler gauge between the number two support and the intake lever for the number one cylinder.

Push or use a hammer to tap the number one support toward the rear of the engine.

Tighten the Number 1, 2, 3, and 4 support capscrews to their final torque.

Cast Iron183  n.m[135  ft-lb ]
Aluminum122  n.m[90  ft-lb ]

Check the front and rear assemblies for correct clearance. Check the support capscrews for the correct torque value.

SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
PreviousPrevious NextNext
Here is injector torque.

Install the injector hold down clamp capscrew.

Torque Value: 75  n.m[55  ft-lb ]
Here is valve settings.
Valve, Injector, and Engine Brake Adjustment Specifications
mmin
Intake Valve0.360.014
Exhaust Valve0.690.027
Engine Brake0.380.015
Buddy, Technician
Experience: 20 years experience. Freightliner tech for last 14 years