Tim, Foreman
Experience:  23 Years Heavy Equipment and Truck Repairs Shop and Field in the Minning and Construction Industry

An 07 6.7 Cummins check engine light and lightning bolt

Customer Question

On an '07 6.7 Cummins check engine light and "lightning bolt in paranthesis is on. Dealer selling truck says it is because only one battery was replaced, whne both needed replacing. Does this seem right? Truck test drove and ran fine.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Tim replied 7 years ago.

Hello, Welcome to JA, My name isXXXXX will try to help. It is possible for the charge light to be on if you have a bad battery, and the system will see enough of a drop or is overworking to charge it. With that said, I would really make them replace it if you are buying the truck and have the Charging system checked. If this has been going on for any length of time Alternator could be damaged. My thoughts are if its that simple then a battery shouldnt be stopping them from making a sale. hope this helps