daves71
daves71, Fleet Manager
Experience:  35+years working on heavy equipment and heavy duty trucks
8067388

2005 c7500 oil life reset

Customer Question

2005 c7500 oil life reset
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Don replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
have a light on on the dash...oil can with wrench which means its time to change the oil....wondering how to reset the oil life light on dash...what is procedure?
Expert:  Don replied 5 years ago.
hi there
i do not have that information in front of me sorry
i will have to opt out and another expert will be along to help you
sorry
don
Expert:  daves71 replied 5 years ago.
Hi Yen,the usual reset is key on, press the throttle 3 times wait for the light to blink,key off,key on and light should be off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tried that...pressed the throttle three times with key on and waited...got no blink (I tried that because that is reset procedure for newer pickups). This is a CAT c7 Accert motor with Allison automatic trans...might need to be hooked up to computer to make light go out? Tried to hook up my Snap On scanner to OB2 connector and went into Generic setting and computer won't communicate.
Expert:  daves71 replied 5 years ago.
I am like you with the standard reset,we have an 02 without this feature.Can not think you have to hook up to a scan tool to reset.My books only go to 03,do you have an owners manual that may be of help?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bought truck used with out owners manual....so I purchased the service manuals and they say that this info is in owners manual...go figure
Expert:  daves71 replied 5 years ago.
Sorry,just have to laugh!Buy the expensive service manual and it is no help!I'm going out to check our 02 manual to see if its any help.
Expert:  daves71 replied 5 years ago.
I went out and checked our 02,same thing key on press the throttle 3 times(have had to really press the throttle hard before)light should flash.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does your 02 have a throttle cable? This machine is fly by wire (no throttle cable...pedal hooked to sensor)
Expert:  daves71 replied 5 years ago.
Yes ours is fly by wire