Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 years experiance as engine rebuild and problems.Thermo-King repair and trouble shooting.

I am working on a thermo-king reefer with a thermoguard up-Iv+

Customer Question

I am working on a thermo-king reefer with a thermoguard up-Iv+ controller and It has a code -35, how do I reset this code?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne.
Code 35 is run relay circuit.before clearing check fuse f4 on relay board,check fuel solenoid,make sure there is NO POWER at fuel soleniod with switch off.That is 8d wire.

Press and hold TK and enter buttons at same time, for 5-7 seconds. with switch on and in contiinouus run mode, using up and down arrows, scroll to code and press entr, this will clear the code, If not I'll have to walk you thru guarded access. But that should clear your code. and remember to click on agree button.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The code that I am getting is not 35, it is " -35 ".

Expert:  Wayne replied 7 years ago.
I have checked with couple of partners, from Thermo-king , and we have never seen a code -35, we are going check with a few freinds in Minn, at Thermo-King and see If they have ever seen a code -35. I am not queston you , are you sure it has a (-). That is a new one to all of us, I t does not even show it it in any books or manuals.Still go ahead with the way I told you to clear codes,and please get back to me on this one.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sure that the code is "-35 " I have tried what you told me but the code won't go away. The unit crank's but will not start.
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 years ago.
OK, I was not aware the unit would not start,
1st check for power at fuel solenoid, If no power check for power at Hi head cut out switch, if power their,at one side and not both , you have a bad hi head pressure switch, or bad connection. you can run a jumper wire from battery source to fuel solenoid to see if the unit starts,if it DOES NOT, fuel solenoid is bad and need to replace, DON"T loose little spring under plunger.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The unit will spin over but I guess that she will not start until I can clear the alarm "-35". I think that I need the information to get into the guarded access in order to reset the alarm.
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 years ago.
Have you tried checking the problems that I mentioned, and a jumper to fuel solenoid ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I checked the high pressure switch and it is okay, also ran a wire to the solenoid and the engine started. I need to reset the "-35" alarm. Can you tell me how to get into the guarded access? From what the owner told this problem started when the battery went dead.

Expert:  Wayne replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry but I'm not at liberty to guide you thru secrue guared acess, as in a violation to Thermo-King, I was a Thermo-King Tech, and was not allowed to give out that information, but conacat a local Dealer and they will clear the code 35, as their is no (-)35 code in any books, other then a stuck Temp Reading. Sorry That I could not help you.
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 years ago.
One more thing as I had mention to you eariler, and this is 99% of the problem, the F 4 fuse in circuit board, and code will clear it self after a self check.