Tim
Tim, Foreman
Experience:  23 Years Heavy Equipment and Truck Repairs Shop and Field in the Minning and Construction Industry
16986108

i have a cat skid steer with the 3024c cat/perkins engine how

i have a cat skid steer with the 3024c cat/perkins engine how do u time the fuel pump to remove.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX will try to help, can you give me the machine ser # XXXXX

Thank you,

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i know it is slk prefix but i cant remeber the rest of the number and its not here for me to look at it is at a job site
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

probly doesnt matter but was it above 7300 or below?/

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Im goin to say it was above im just about positive

Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

Are you just removing the injection pump top or the whole body with the crank, because you can just have the pump gone The upper) through or install a rebuild.( about 7-800 if I remember..

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I guess it would be the top what it is it will just idle what rev up the diagham is busted so i guess it would be the top

Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

Wait a second you lost me.. Diaphram?? are you talking about the little transfer pump? looks like this..

graphic

or the injection pump.. like this

graphic

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry the injection pump
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

Its Ok just the diphram lost me,,you say it wont rev up only Idle?? have you looked at the Govenor??

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

naw what happened i went to crank it this morning cranked fine move the pedel wouldnt idle up opened the door and moved the lever on the pump were the cable hooks to and still wouldn't idle up called the cat dealership here in alabama they said it was in the injector pump what do u thinck

Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

The govenor housing on the front were the lever you moved goes in an connects to a rod that goes back to the injection pump to control it, I have found that linkage broken.. you could either remove the front cover to check it or unbolt and lift the injection pump to see if the pump lever moves when you move the govenor lever..

here are some pix of the diffrent pieces..first is the gov house with the lever

graphic

the next is the lever that goes to the injection pump

graphic

this is inside the gov cover

graphic

and the lever connects to this part on the injection pump, you see when you unbolt and lift the top of the inj pump up

graphic

hope this helps.. let me know..

Tim

Tim, Foreman
Experience: 23 Years Heavy Equipment and Truck Repairs Shop and Field in the Minning and Construction Industry