dd85
dd85, Technician
Experience:  Service Manager at AG Dealership

A 2850 Kubota tractor and need to know how to adjust the foot clutch

Customer Question

I have a 2850 Kubota tractor and need to know how to adjust the foot clutch for the pto. I believe its called a 2 stage clutch and noe it eill not disenage the pto when depressed. Jerry XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 5 years ago.

Since no one else has answered this I will give it a shot. I shouldn't be much difference from a MF or Ford.

Do you disengage with the clutch pedal or is there a separate lever?

If by the clutch pedal, how far down do you push the clutch pedal before any resistance is felt (free travel)?

If it is over 3/4 on an inch, there should be a threaded rod with a clevis on it in the pedal linkage. Remove the cotter pin, remove the pin, turn the clevis in or out until you have 3/4 inch free travel.

Reinstall cotter pin and you should be good to go.

If this doesn't work please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There is a lever that you use to place pto in 540 or 1000 speed. To engage lever you must first push clutch down or it rakes and will not engage. When pto is running you should be able to push clutch half way down and it stops put now it does not do either?

I have adjusted the linkage on pedal but it doesn't help ptp. Can their be an adjustment to adjust seperate? Thanks Jerry

Expert:  dd85 replied 5 years ago.

The way a 2 stage clutch works is, pushed 1/2 way down the forward motion of the tractor stops. All the way down the PTO stops.

This way you can stop moving forward and still have the PTO engaged, and you engage the PTO before moving.

Will the PTO stop if you push the clutch pedal all the way down?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The pto does not stop when the clutch is pushed all the way down. Sorry I did say it backwards the first time.
Expert:  dd85 replied 5 years ago.

Since I don't have a book on the 2850, I can't do you much more good, I am opting out to send it back to the open area, Good luck

dd85