J.R., Technician
Experience:  13 years as warranty technician for Detroit Diesel

what kind of hydraulic fluid is used for ford 5000 tractor

Customer Question

what kind of hydraulic fluid is used for ford 5000 tractor and how to check the fluid level,used for lifting equipment on rear.such as disc.engine running or off when checking fluids
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  J.R. replied 7 years ago.
Use the 134D ford oil. The tractor should have a drain plg on the bottom and a level plug on the side. The fluid should be checked with the tractor stopped. The tranny and hydraulics use the same fluid. Depending on the year it may have separate fill and check plugs for the hydraulics and the tranny.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
one more thing i have brougth *ford tractor all mineral sae 90 transmission fluid ***at tractor supply it this ok or i need 134d ford oil and where can i find one thanks
Expert:  J.R. replied 7 years ago.

This tsc oil will work. I have actually had better luck with it than the 134d in my old NAA. Here is a website you can check out. It has a wonderful forum on ford tractors.