KevinB, Technician
Experience:  Cat Field Tech for 6 years, John Deere Field Tech For 5 years

Ive got a Komatsu D20P-7 bulldozer. My problem is that I

I've got a Komatsu D20P-7 bulldozer. My problem is that I can't start the dozer thru the ingation switch. I've got power to the starter and can jump start it at the starter but cant't get it going thru the switch. I've got power everywhere else, even the horn and the fuel cut-off/on, but still I can't start it thru the switch. When I connect the ground wire at the batteries I get a dash lite "on at the battery lite which stays on when the ground cable is hooked up. I've tried a new starter ignation switch but still nothing. It's like a safety switch is bad, but I think I've located all of them. On this subject the catch work is "I think" I sure would appreciate any help. Thanks

There is a terminal on the altenator that is labeled R pull that wire off if the machine starts you need a new altenator '

komatsu uses this wire to feed voltage to the keyswitch to indicate the machine is running so you can't run the starter while the engine is running.