Jason, Technician
Experience:  ASE master cert, Adv. diag, factory , CAT ,Cummins, Detroit, MBE, Allison, IHC 13 yrs exp

My Case Backhoe ran out of fuel and now it wont start. How

Customer Question

My Case Backhoe ran out of fuel and now it won't start. How do I start it?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to j/ name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and assist you with your problem..On the side of engine by fuel filter you should have a primer pump you can operate to bleed air out of fuel system..sometimes there is a lever on fuel transfer pump, and sometimes you will have a knob-push, pull pump on filter head..At the top of your fuel filter housing you should find a fitting labled (bleed) if you open this fitting and manually pump fuel untill you have good no airated fuel coming from fitting...then close and keep pumping manually untill good resistence is felt in pump..crank for ten to 15 seconds..if it doesnt start repump untill resistence is again felt, retry..It should start for you..If you have any more questions please ask..Thanks Jason